Are you someone who has Initiative, is Motivated, a Problem Solver, a Communicator and Eager to learn & contribute?
Do you want to work on a product that positively impacts people’s lives?
If you answered yes to either of these questions then you should check out our opportunities!
Are you a Developer who wants to make a difference as part of a team where your skills are valued and your ideas are heard? Are you someone who wants to not only develop great products but also make sure that they are highly usable and effective? Would you like to join a professional team dedicated to improving health outcomes through the development and deployment of world class health technology?
If you answered “Yes!” to any of these questions then you may be the right fit for us and Populus may be the perfect fit for you.
What you could expect to do every day
- join an Agile team that produces world-leading health technology
- contribute to all aspects of the software development lifecycle including:
designing and developing new features
enhancing our existing product
maintaining quality management
providing customer support & maintenance
What kind of person should you be?
- An individual with a great attitude, an aptitude to learn and the desire to contribute
- Someone who enjoys being challenged and motivated within a tight-knit team
- Someone with a passion for software development and who takes pride in their work
- Someone who believes that collaboration is essential in creating the best possible product and who doesn’t shy away from complex problems and leadership opportunities
- An individual with a sense of humour
What skills do you need?
- A Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Software Development, or experience in a related field
- Hands-on experience programming in Java or something similar
- Knowledge and practice in Web Development, technologies such as:
- Understanding and experience in relational database technologies
Knowledge and exposure to PostgreSQL and NoSQL would be an asset
- Agile development practices
What skills would be an asset?
- Development in cloud based principles
Especially experience in Amazon Web Services
- Experience working in Linux environments and writing bash scripts
- RESTful communication between services
- Experience with developer tools, such as git, Maven, and Eclipse IDE
- Experience with CSS3 or other style sheet equivalents
- Automated testing with experience in JUnit and/or Selenium
What will the environment be like?
- A supportive team environment that offers both personal and professional growth
- A management team that encourages a healthy work/life balance
- Onboarding and training as well as mentorship
- Opportunities to take risks and try new things
- Challenging problems that require creative solutions
As a smaller team, Populus provides its developers many opportunities to learn each of the different roles in software development. We believe in a team that pushes hard and yet still has fun in the process.
We need someone who not only has the right qualifications but also has the desire to work with a driven and experienced team to help make positive change in support of strengthening the delivery of health.
If you have a desire to learn and want to contribute to an innovative population health platform, then you may be the right fit for us, but most importantly, Populus may be the perfect fit for you.
Located in Fredericton, Populus’ cloud based technology has been used by visionary healthcare providers for over 15 years. Further, Populus has been recognized in the last decade by The World Bank, The World Health Organization, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and various peer review journals as “possibly the most comprehensive Health Information System in the world”. Populus continues to grow and diversify. Even as we continue to maintain and strengthen our legacy platform, our technology is gaining momentum in the clinical research field. Providing real world evidence in this challenging field is becoming more vital and the Populus solution is providing the ability to collect, organize, and access data to power their delivery of healthcare.