Are you someone who has Initiative, is Motivated, a Problem Solver, a Communicator and Eager to learn & contribute?
Do you want to work on a product that positively impacts people’s lives?
If you answered yes to either of these questions then you should check out our opportunities!
Populus is a small agile team that produces innovative health technology providing world class data management tools for the health sector. Our solutions/platforms are provided both locally and internationally to health professionals, health administrators, translational researchers, and more. And we need to add a Software Developer to our team. You can work remotely, learn from an experienced team and be part of something positive in the world of healthcare.
The successful candidate will:
- contribute to all aspects of the software development life cycle
- develop new features, enhance existing products & customer maintenance, as well as research new tools & technologies
use technologies such as Java, Angular, Spring, Struts, JSP, JPA, PostgreSQL, and Docker in a Linux environment
- have a real world impact on patient health
- have opportunities to participate in weekly games with fellow team members, most recently involving Jackbox and Minecraft
A strong passion for quality software development, and an ambition for continuous improvement. A drive to work with pride and respect with your team and customers, to deliver world class health technology solutions.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- Web or Java development experience in some of the technologies we use: Angular, JSP, Struts, jQuery, Spring, REST, HTML5, CSS3
Experience with some of the following: AWS, Docker, SQL, Elasticsearch, Linux/Unix environments, Bash, Git
- Interest/experience with responsive web design, usability and user interface design principles
- Agile development practices
- Strong written & verbal communication skills in English
If you have strengths in subjects we haven’t mentioned, please highlight them!
We need someone who not only has the right qualifications but also has the desire to work with a driven and experienced team to help make positive change in support of strengthening the delivery of health.
If you have a desire to learn and want to contribute to an innovative population health platform, please send your letter of application and resume to: email@example.com
You may be the right fit for us, but most importantly, Populus may be the perfect fit for you.
Located in Fredericton, Populus’ cloud based technology has been used by visionary healthcare providers for over 15 years. Further, Populus has been recognized in the last decade by The World Bank, The World Health Organization, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and various peer review journals as “possibly the most comprehensive Health Information System in the world”. Populus continues to grow and diversify. Even as we continue to maintain and strengthen our legacy platform, our technology is gaining momentum in the clinical research field. Providing real world evidence in this challenging field is becoming more vital and the Populus solution is providing the ability to collect, organize, and access data to power their delivery of healthcare.